Saturday 28 March 2015

RECENT NON-BEAUTY FAVS

I've been loving a lot of non-beauty related things lately, so I thought I'd share some of my recent favorites with ya'll.

1. The Following and Stalker


I have always been a huge fan of the TV show The Following. When Season 3 finally started I was so excited, and I'm happy to say it's been great so far. However, with only one episode coming out each week it definitely didn't satisfy my crime/thriller/drama bug so I decided to start a new show as per the recommendation of my sister.
Stalker has one season out with 17 episodes. I started it exactly a week ago and I'm already almost done (oops). Each episode brings an creepy new case but still develops the back story in a very interesting way. I won't mention anything else as to not accidentally spoil anything, but for sure it's worth checking out.

2. Cinderella

I have never been a HUGE Cinderella fan. Yes, I watched it loads of times when I was little, but she was never my favorite disney princess. That being said, when I saw the trailer for the new live action Cinderella I may have gotten a little emotional so I knew I had to watch it. My best friend and I went earlier this week and I'm pretty sure we were more excited than all of the kids there - for the movie AND the little Frozen feature thing at the beginning. I thought Lily James did a lovely job as Cinderella. I wasn't sure about Richard Madden as the Prince first, but he definitely won me over as the movie went on, and the chemistry between them both was great. I also thought the evil step sisters did a great job and were hilarious. The one thing I didn't like though was how tight their corsets were. The moment I noticed I couldn't unsee it, they all looked so uncomfortable breathing and I'm sure the movie wouldn't have suffered if they just loosened them a bit.


3. Monument


I have a love hate issue with this app. The graphics are gorgeous and the little puzzle worlds are great, but it's over way (way way) too fast. I could've easily finished it in one sitting so it was a bit disappointing given that it's a paid app. I really hope they release some new levels (for free) soon as it really is beautiful and I'd really like to play some more.

4. Playing the piano and Singing (Separately)

Ever since I've devoted more time to music I've basically become addicted and can't not practice, play or sing something at least once a day. I always used to play around on the piano before but I never took lessons until this semester. Although it's only been a few weeks I can definitely see a huge improvement in my skills and sight reading, which of course I'm very happy about.
I also decided to step out of my comfort zone and taking private voice lessons this semester. It is very scary and different for me but I'm so glad I did. I've been in love with being part of a choir for the past year and a bit, but didn't think I had it in me to go for solo lessons. Although it's hard and definitely takes practice, I'm giving it all I have and hopefully I'll be more confident with it after a few more months.

This post was a little ramblier than I anticipated but I hope you guys found it somewhat interesting. I'd love to know things you've been loving lately, anything from shows to moments, let me know down below!


No comments :

Post a Comment